Atascosa Oaks Ranch

Contact for Price

Property Details

  • Price:Contact for Price
  • Acres:140
  • County:Atascosa
  • City:Poteet
  • State:Texas
  • Zip:78065
  • Status:Available
  • Type:Hunting Land, Ranches, Recreational Property

Property Description

Description:
The Atascosa Oaks Ranch is located in Northern Atascosa County just a few miles South of the Bexar County line. This unrestricted ranch with modest improvements could make for a great all around combination property. The many opportunities for hunting, livestock, as well as fishing could be explored for quite some time. This property is located just a couple miles off of Highway 16 with short and direct access. The majority of the ranch is covered in Mature Live Oak and Post Oak Trees with field areas where some Mesquite have begun to grow back. Its very rare to find a ranch this size with this proximity of San Antonio, dont miss your opportunity to own it!

Location:
The location of this ranch is very convenient and provides excellent commuting possibilities or even quick trips after work. This ranch is located in Atascosa County less than less 2.5 miles South of the Bexar County line and is a mere 26 miles to Downtown San Antonio. This property is located on a county road with no through traffic and unmatched privacy.

Approximate Drive Times:
From Loop 1604: 10 minutes
From Loop 410: 20 minutes
From Downtown San Antonio: 34 minutes
From Austin: 1 hour and 30 minutes

Improvements:
This modest property improvements include a 2 bedroom and 1 bathroom home, 1 water well and a large pond that has been stocked. 1 small shed and 1 small seasonal pond is adjacent to the home area as well as an old set of small cattle pens.

Wildlife:
The Atascosa Oaks Ranch offers recreational potential of not only hunting, but also fishing. The stocked pond, complete with a fish feeder, is loaded with Largemouth Bass, Channel Catfish, and Red Ear Perch. Around the ranch you can also find White-Tailed Deer, Rio Grande Turkey as well as Feral Hogs. The dove hunting can also be excellent around the pond and the front field in the late summer.

Habitat:
The habitat on this ranch is incredible! Approximately 70% of the habitat on this ranch is Mature Live Oak Trees with a few Post Oak Trees scattered throughout. The remaining 30% of the ranch is scattered Mesquite Trees with some regrowth and excellent Coastal grasses. The true natural beauty of this ranch is something you must see in person.

Water:
The ranch currently has 1 water well that supplies water to the house and the small pond area adjacent to the house. The cattle utilize the water at the pond on the South side of the ranch. This pond holds water very well and makes a horse shoe shape when full. Underground water in this area can be very prevalent for high volume irrigation wells opening another potential resource for this ranch.

Minerals:
Some minerals are negotiable. Call broker for more details.

Floodplain:
Some portion in the front of the ranch is in the floodplain.

Poteet Texas 78065

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.